Roxanne Martinez is a local small business owner, nonprofit leader, community advocate, wife and mother. Roxanne is running for Fort Worth ISD School Board Trustee to champion the needs of all students and ensure our schools are a place where all kids can thrive.
Roxanne’s own personal journey fuels her passion for education and community. Growing up in Fort Worth’s Diamond Hill neighborhood, Roxanne was inspired to achieve academically by her Mexican grandmother and Indigenous grandfather. A dedicated high school teacher, Mrs. Funiciello, recognized her potential and encouraged her to pursue a post-secondary education.
A product of Fort Worth ISD schools, Roxanne graduated at the top of her class from Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School in 1998. As a first-generation college student from a low-income family, she knows firsthand the challenges and struggles that many of our students face. Education was her way out of poverty. She knows that students like herself can succeed with the right resources, guidance and tools.
Roxanne earned a Bachelor of Science in Journalism & Communications from the University of Florida. While in college, she worked for the College of Education and Florida Fund for Minority Teachers. After completing her degree, Roxanne returned to Fort Worth and began giving back to her local community, while working full-time and completing a Graduate Certificate in Marketing Management from the University of Dallas.
After working over a decade in nonprofit and corporate marketing and emerging from a victorious battle with cancer, Roxanne launched her marketing agency, Roxstar Marketing. Since 2012, she has been assisting small businesses and mission-driven organizations in driving results through social media, email and online marketing.
As a community advocate, Roxanne dedicates countless hours to improving the well-being of children and families in the Fort Worth community. Roxanne serves on several local boards and committees and has been involved in the following:
- Fort Worth ISD, District Advisory Committee Member
- MH Moore Elementary School, PTA Member
- WA Meacham Middle School, Site Based Decision Making (SBDM) Committee Member
- Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School, Site Based Decision Making (SBDM) Committee Member
- Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School, Athletics Booster Club President
- Diamond Hill-Jarvis Heritage Foundation, Secretary
- Diamond Hill North Side Youth Association, President/Board Member
- Fort Worth ISD, Racial Equity Committee Communications Sub-Committee Member
- Fort Worth ISD, Steering Committee for Gender Equity, Committee Member
- Leadership ISD, Class of 2018 Alumni Member & 2020 Community Fellow
- Read Fort Worth, Marketing & Communications Consultant
- Blue Zones Project Fort Worth, Steering Committee Member
- Girls Inc. of Tarrant County, Marketing Committee Member
- Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Community Action Partners Council, Board Member
- Waves of Faith, Administrative Assistant/Member
- Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas – Fort Worth Chapter, Former Marketing Chair/Member
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Alumnae Member
- Diamond Hill Jarvis Neighborhood Association, Former Secretary/Member
- City of Fort Worth, Race & Culture Task Force, Member
- SteerFW, Keyholders Program